Monday, November 7, 2011

Treats for the Munchkins

I am getting a little crazy...two posts in one day!  I made these treats a few weeks ago, took pictures and everything so I could make a blog post about it, and then forgot...so here it goes.  This semester I have been  "student teaching"in a first grade classroom up in Roswell.  I absolutely love first grade!  The kids are so sweet, and their inability to pronounce my new last name makes them even sweeter!  With Halloween rolling around the corner, I figured these kids needed some sugar to prepare for the copious amounts of candy they would get while trick-or-treating.  I found this recipe on Pinterest...my newest obsession thanks to my sweet friend Cara.

So here's what you do...

First, lay out mini pretzel twists on a baking sheet...

Then unwrap 2, 000 Hershey kisses (not really, but it felt like a lot) and put them on top of each pretzel.  I chose to use kisses, hugs, and the caramel-filled kind (what are those called?).  Oh, and I ran out of baking sheets, so I had to use my 9 inch cake pans!
 Bake in the oven on 275 degrees for three minutes.  Remove and place one M & M on the top of each kiss, hug, etc.  Refrigerate immediately until ready to eat!  Here is the finished product...


So I took these to my first graders the friday before Halloween, and they LOVED them.  One of the munchkins came up to me and told me these were the best thing they had EVER eaten.  I got lots of hugs from the others.  Hahaha!! I love winning the approval of seven year olds.

For more awesome recipes...check out Pinterest!

3 comments:

  1. I tagged you in a fun blogger game!! http://carafengle.blogspot.com/2012/01/little-game-of-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another blogger game -- http://carafengle.blogspot.com/2012/02/another-blogger-game.html

    ReplyDelete